It’s the first of November and it’s already snowing! This usually means good things for me as of late, and good things have indeed occurred, starting with the UV editor issue that somehow resolved itself!
I also got the chance to tinker with mudbox, although I ended up touching up my first attempt in Photoshop anyway (and adding a base texture to paint shadows & highlights over). I would’ve enjoyed using my tablet more if the response time were better so I had to make do with my mouse this time.
I’m still getting used to mudbox overall but I wanted to try it with my character’s face. Those two red spots are problem UV areas I’ve yet to sort out (I’m having to zoom waaaay in there and I still haven’t found the offenders yet) but the rest of the face isn’t giving me any trouble.